How can I look after my shoes?
On this page you'll find some general shoe care advice. If you have more specific questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
1. Always use a shoe horn when putting on your shoes. This will keep the backs strong and sturdy.
2. Always use shoetrees to help the shoes maintain their shape.
3. Try to wear your shoes in dry conditions.
4. Fine leather shoes can require a full day to dry out from natural perspiration. Try to give them at least twenty-four hours between wears. Try to avoid excessive wetting, should this occur always let the shoes dry out away from sources of direct heat. Newspaper can be used within the shoes to help draw out moisture.
5. Before polishing your shoes always wipe them over with a dry cloth to get rid of surface dirt.
Applying leather care products.
We do only recommend the use of "Protector Sprays" on our Suede Suede.
Don't forget to take care of the sole edge, welt and heel which are made of leather. Apply some wax polish or cream when the leather looks hungry or dry. Let sit for a minute or so, brush carefully do rise some shine and remove excess cream. This step is very important in the Nordic countries where we have snow, slush, gravel and salt on the streets.
When caring for calf leather shoes.
Clean the leather carefully with a damp cloth or a clean brush. Don't mix your cleaning brush with your shining brush. If cleaning with a damp cloth let the shoes dry completely afterwards.
It's always good to remove the laces before cleaning and polishing your shoes.
Apply a thin layer of quality wax or cream on the whole shoe. Don't forget the sole edge, welt and heel. Wait for a minute or so, brush your shoes to rise some shine and remove excess cream/polish.